WICED Sense Demo app not working on Nexus 7 Android 4.4.4?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't get the demo app to connect to the WICED Sense device.

The Android app runs.... I see the gauges and dials but they don't move or work in any way... under the Android settings page I see that it has paired to the device... I press the 'Connect' button on the app and it goes dark for about 15 seconds, then comes back to 'white'.

This same WICED Sense pairs with an iPhone without a problem.

Any suggestions?

Details:

Platform is:  Nexus 7  running Android v 4.4.4

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution:  remove usb power cord, remove battery, re-insert battery.

Then it connected to my Android device and the gauges and dials worked.

<sigh...>

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Came across this:

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/70076/does-nexus-7-has-bluetooth-smart-technology

Not sure if your Nexus 7 is 2012 based.

thnx

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My five cents:
You are not connected anymore with iPhone?
You can try:

• Bluetooth Off and On in Nexus 7
  • delete the Data (and Cache) on the Nexus 7 WICED Sense app (not deleting the app, just data)
  • remove battery and plug it back (a power cycle).

My feeling:
If WICED Sense was connected with another device (iPhone), it goes to sleep (we would assume it not connected anymore), it can wake up again and "think" it is still connected to iPhone (therefore reset/power cycle).

And: make sure battery is full (my was just a bit empty but weak enough not to connect anymore).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution:  remove usb power cord, remove battery, re-insert battery.

Then it connected to my Android device and the gauges and dials worked.

<sigh...>

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, already mentioned: my "best friend on trouble is - remove battery and plug in back".

I think: there is just a wakeup button, it is not a reset or restart. It brings the WICED Sense just back from deep sleep. If it was connected and you start a new session on smartphone, a different App - I think the WICED Sense comes back in "directed advertisement" mode. It will "think" the other peer is still there, it will not realize that connection is lost (BLE shuts down RF in between and would come back assuming the other peer will still listen again and continue to send Notifications to the same device as hours before).

Yes, battery off and on is the way to recover (most of the time).

0 Likes