0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2017 6:27 AM by dturney_1462731

Central-side Privacy, Stored bonds, and 3-part interactions (Oh My)

dturney_1462731

I'm working with 4.2 LL Privacy, developing a peripheral, a central+peripheral, and a central-only app (3 different devices.  In the 100-days example of 4.2 Privacy, we use

CyBle_GapAddDeviceToResolvingList() on the peripheral side to add the central's address to be allowed to resolve the RPA the peripheral uses.

For shorthand reference, lets call the peripheral P1, the central+peripheral, CP-C/CP-P, and the central-only C1

My questions are:

1. Do we do the same (Run the API) on the CP-C after bonding with P1/recalling bonded list?
        1. If so, why, and what address does CP-C store?  Would it be the P1's pre-bonded advertising address?
      2. CP-C will, at commands, switch to a peripheral(CP-P) occasionally, bonding with C1 for other functions.  If CP-P wants to use an RPA after bonding with C1, will it still be allowed to connect to P1, or will I need to call CyBle_GapSetAddressResolutionEnable(0u) on CP-P since P1's stored IRK can't resolve CP-P's RPA?

On an unrelated (but could be, idk) what are the purposes of:

CYBLE_GAP_PUBLIC_IDENTITY_ADDR_TYPE and CYBLE_GAP_RANDOM_IDENTITY_ADDR_TYPE?

Thank you for any and all help.  This forum as always been a great resource.