When the device is held in RESET (nXRES=LOW), the SCB pins are in Hi-Z.
The device can be configured with a new configuration without the use of configuration utility also. I have attached the command line utility for performing the same. Please find the attachment. Password for the encrypted file: cypress
Procedure to follow to load the configuration file:
1. Extract the zip file.
2. In the extracted folder put the configuration file that you want to program the device with.
3. Open the Command prompt and change the directory to the extracted folder.
4. Run the below command to download the configuration file onto single CY7C65211 device:
fwdownload.exe -c XXXX.cyusb -vid 0x04B4 -pid 0x0003 -mode vendor -timeout 25000
A) In the above command, the pid is 0x0003 but you need to change that to the PID which the connected serial chip has while programming
B) the name of the configuration file in the above command should be changed from XXXX to the configuration file that you need to load
For multiple devices: the command will be:
fwdownload.exe -c XXXX.cyusb -vid 0x04B4 -pid 0003 -mode vendor -timeout 25000 -b
fwDownload.rar 1.7 MB
That makes sense.
about Question 2:
>> The device can be configured with a new configuration without the use of configuration utility also. I have attached the command line utility for performing the same.
GUI is One of the way and command line is another of the way.
Either will do the same file .cyusb.
I have an additional question.
For example, .cyusb program when factory setting or when using ROM writer.
Could you tell me the no problem of above method about set other modes?
I am not very clear with your question. Please correct me if I am irrelevant.
- The desired configuration can be set using the Cypress USB Serial Configuration Utility and can be saved as a '.cyusb' file.
- This file can be loaded into the device using the command line utility rather than programming it using the Cypress USB Serial Configuration Utility tool (GUI).