start free RTOS with PSOC 5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
moro_1580446
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

HI every body.I am using psoc5 for my project.my project worked with some peripheral as GPS module and temp sensor(I2C) and Eeprom and Accelerometer and ADC and digital input/output and RS232 and RS485 and CAN interface and GSM module to send & recieves sms request and connect with server for send and receive packet data.those of them worked well as i want seprated.my problem is working with tcp connection with gsm module.i want to calculate anything multitask and make packet to send to server and get ack from server.my program is not multi tasking mode now,so in tcp connection and send & recieves AT- command to gsm,module will be confuse and psoc hanged.now i think should to programming multi tasking...but i dont know how can i do it?and how can i start to changing my program.is there any body to help me?i am very harassment for my problem.

thanks for attention...

1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

At Creator's start page (scroll down a bit...) Alan Hawse tells about free rtos.

Bob

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

At Creator's start page (scroll down a bit...) Alan Hawse tells about free rtos.

Bob

Tankyou for your helping.i make new project as said allen hawse and do every thing.but it has many error.why it is happening?

0 Likes

I cannot guess. What errors??

BTW: At freertos.org you will find some adaptions for PSoC5

Bob

0 Likes

I dont know why i cant insert file in reply?just i can insert image and video.

The chat environment is wrapped in the site...

0 Likes

Click on (right hand upper) "Use advanced editor"

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thankyou for helping ....

0 Likes

So sorry. For security reasons i do not install third party programs when there is an original windows function available. Please use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (complete)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach

excuse me i use winrar to zip file...

this one is workspace bundle

0 Likes

When I removed from project all the .c files except main.c it compiles error-free. I set the "Additional libraries" to my just downloaded and expanded files from freertos.org.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach

Thank you bob .i do it and error free.i did every thing that allen hawse said in FreeRTOS: A PSoC4 FreeRTOS Port - IoT Expert

now i want to run led blinking and copy this code from above site .but it has some error.can you help me to find reason...?

At all i cant understand some .h files  added for what...can you give me guidance?

0 Likes

Seems to be more complicated than I thought. There are some demo projects, one is named FreeRTOS\Demo\CORTEX_CY8C5588_PSoC_Creator_GCC. This you can open and modify as required.

​ob

0 Likes
lock attach

thanks for helping.my program is running good and i can make 2 task as example(led blinking and buzzer blinking).but i want to know any task that i can creat?how many model of task i can use?can you explain me for understanding any task function in main program?

0 Likes

in act i want to this function :

xTaskCreate(

LED_Task,       /* Task function */

"LED Blink",    /* Task name (string) */

200,            /* Task stack, allocated from heap */

0,              /* No param passed to task function */

1,              /* Low priority */

0 );            /* Not using the task handle */

what is duty of every parameters in this function?

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

You can have a look at this too. Its the same project.

FreeRTOS 8.0.0 for PSoC 5LP (CY8CKIT-050 PSoC 5LP Dev Kit) using GNU compiler – FreeRTOS Interactive

Thanks,

Hima

lock attach

Thank you dear Hima.I have seen this example and it has no error.in my project built as those example.it has error as before.how can i solved problem?

I dont know how can i do?please check

Thank you for your attention....

0 Likes

Hello,

We understand the issue. There is some issue in linking all the required source files. As Bob suggested we recommend you to modify the existing project instead of creating a new project. This will prevent all the include related issues.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes