8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 1:50 AM by eleanki_2734761

Writes into S25FL512S succeed but reads are unsuccessful

eleanki_2734761

Dear All,

I am using S25FL512S interfaced to my MSP430F5438A microcontroller.

SPI is running at 1MHz.

I am reading the device ID and Manufacturer ID correctly from the flash. I am reading the device ID and Manufacturer ID correctly from the flash.

Since the page programming buffer is 512 bytes, I am trying to write 0xCC in 512 bytes starting from location (24 bit address) 0x000000000000 onwards.

After writing one address, I am checking the status register for the busy bit and when it becomes 0 then I am reading from the same location. And it is reading back 0x88. (I am reading back the page immediately after writing.)

Reading 0x88 (512 bytes) goes on for a lot of addresses until I start reading 0xCC (512 bytes) properly. There is no pattern when I start reading 0xCC instead of 0x88 (as in there is no specific fixed address where it starts reading properly).

Since I am able to read manufacturer and device id properly, hence I feel there is no problem with read command.

Also since I am waiting for status register busy bit to become 0, hence I feel that there is no page programming error.

What can be the possible problem?

Thanks and Regards,
      Ankit