SD card with PSoC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ToPe_1312931
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I soldered wires directly to an SD card and connected as described in the emFile Code Example PDF. I am using an external supply for 3.3V. I am wondering if I need to pull the signal lines up through resistors to 3.3V. If so, what value of resistors are suitable.

Thanks,

Todd

1 Solution
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I am working on approximately the same thing.  Look for my next post , PSOC and SDCARD on the psoc 5 forum.

This link is interesting and may help:

GitHub - hackingchips/PSoC_FatFs: Port of ELM-CHAN FatFs library to Cypress PSoc microcontrollers.

This link is full of information about sd cards.

FatFs - Generic FAT Filesystem Module

According to that site, How to Use MMC/SDC , you need a pull up resistor on SD Card DO in order to reliably cause it to go into SPI mode.

happy reading.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I am working on approximately the same thing.  Look for my next post , PSOC and SDCARD on the psoc 5 forum.

This link is interesting and may help:

GitHub - hackingchips/PSoC_FatFs: Port of ELM-CHAN FatFs library to Cypress PSoc microcontrollers.

This link is full of information about sd cards.

FatFs - Generic FAT Filesystem Module

According to that site, How to Use MMC/SDC , you need a pull up resistor on SD Card DO in order to reliably cause it to go into SPI mode.

happy reading.

0 Likes