PSoC Creator 4.1 startup errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently installed PSoC Creator 4.1 and see errors on startup:

An important piece of PSoC Creator has a problem and may not work correctly. Please restart PSoC Creator.

This error shows up when the following are being initialized:

CyDesigner.Common.Db.DeviceDb.Catalog.CyDcPlugin

CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.CyPrjMgr

CyDesigner.Common.Db.CyS3Db.CyS3DbFactory

CyDesigner.Device.FitterPSoC.CyFitterPSoCPlugin

CyDesigner.Device.FitterFM.CyFitterFmPlugin

Additionally, when closing PSoC Creator, I get this error (and others which are similar):

This product had trouble launching on your computer. Technical error reason: An exception was thrown when trying to fully close plugin 'FM Fitter:a7614a5f-f176-4ec2-b000-98356a8f3dc8'. Exception Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..

I've tried to do a fresh reinstall several times, as well as uninstalling other PSoC packages. I had a version of PSoC Creator in the 3.X series working earlier in the week without these issues, so I'm not sure how to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) with Parallels 13 and Windows 10.

Thanks!

Joey

0 Likes
1 Solution
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link. This prompted me to double check the release notes since I had remembered reading at least a few other supported platforms, and found the line:

Mac OS X El Capitan on Parallels Desktop 11 running Windows 10

I can't do much about my macOS version, but I thought it might be worth trying to downgrade Parallels. At first glance it looks like it's working in Sierra with Parallels 11 and Windows 10. But I guess if I do run into issues, I'm out of luck...

Thanks!

Joey

0 Likes