PSoC 4 BLE Upgradable Stack FOTA default program

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working on a project with this type of FOTA in BLE device. I want to set Bootloader program as default launch program, so when i connect my device it start at bootloader and 30 sec later launch main application. Someone has ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

There are different types of OTA projects available for PSoC4-BLE devices. By default the first project to run will be Bootloader. Then only after validating the application it will be switched to bootloadable. But please note that in the external Memory bootloader and the Upgradable Stack bootloader the actual "Bootloading" operation happens from the bootloadable.

I assume that you want the bootloader to wait for a new image for the initial 30S. There is a configuration in the bootloader component to configure this. There is a "Wait for command time" option. However based on the complete project only we can decide if you can achieve the requirement.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

There are different types of OTA projects available for PSoC4-BLE devices. By default the first project to run will be Bootloader. Then only after validating the application it will be switched to bootloadable. But please note that in the external Memory bootloader and the Upgradable Stack bootloader the actual "Bootloading" operation happens from the bootloadable.

I assume that you want the bootloader to wait for a new image for the initial 30S. There is a configuration in the bootloader component to configure this. There is a "Wait for command time" option. However based on the complete project only we can decide if you can achieve the requirement.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes