The device should enumerate with VID 0x04B4 and one of the supported PIDs for the device to bind to Cypress driver. So please check the descriptor file in your firmware.
Once the device reports the right VID and PID you can bind the device to the Win 10 driver present in the following link:
Install the " CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer EXE" present in the above link and after installation navigate to the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY4500 EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer\1.0\drivers\DriverBinary\Vendor_Driver\bin\Win10
Please let us know for any troubles.
thanks for reply, but i am still not able to fix problem.
fist of all, i am using a third party board for evaluation. image attached
i have removed EEPROM to ensure that EZ-USB starts in default mode with VID and PID hard coded on chip.
when i connect this board, it appears as unrecognized USB with VID = 0x0000 and PID = 0x0002.
i cant do anything unless this board get recognized, it is not getting detected by any of cypress applications.
how to fix VID and PID so that i could install correct drivers.
- Can you mention the complete part number used in this board?
-Is this behavior seen in all the PCs?
If yes, then we can check the following on the third party board:
- Verify if there are pull-ups on the I2C lines even though there is no EEPROM. Pull-ups are compulsory even if there is no EEPROM.
- As soon as you plug in FX2LP check whether there is slave clock generated on the SCL line by I2C master in FX2LP? If there is, check whether it is querying the EEPROM addresses 0xA2 and 0xA0 over SDA lines?
- Check whether the Power on reset timing is followed as per the datasheet spec(mentioned in page 8 of FX2LP datasheet: section 2.9 Reset and Wakeup) : If crystal is used as clock input to FX2LP, then the R and C on the reset pin should be chosen in such a way that the reset is asserted for atleast 5mS)
- Can you take a USB trace(using LeCroy Analyzer) during enumeration and share it?
Please verify the above checklist and see if there is anything wrong.