3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2012 10:31 AM by mars.robotics.team4004

CyMiniProg3Service

jim.desilva.2

I'm having trouble with the CyMiniProg3Service not working when I install the 2011 Driver station.  The driver station can't find the PSOC baord and after the Driver Station install my other Cypress apps can't find the PSOC.  Reinstalling the Cypress programmer software will allow the Cypress apps to function but the FRC Driver station still won't work.

Are the CyMiniProg3Service files provided by First Robotics the same as the one used by creator beta 5 and programmer the same ?

My OS is WinXP sp 2.   

• 1. Re: CyMiniProg3Service
          joe.hershberger

The service is the same, but the bootstrap firmware (ftk_3_simfw.hex) is custom for FRC.  This is why you cannot upgrade the Cypress tools without causing the Driver Station to be unable to find the First Touch module.

• 2. Re: CyMiniProg3Service
            mars.robotics.team4004

I am having this same issue.

I updated the Cypress programmer because I was getting an error when loading the hex file for 2012 to the first touch moudle. The error was stating the hex file was for silicon version ES3 and the  detected module was silicon version* *.

Is there something else I can do to get the older version programer to work with this module?

• 3. Re: CyMiniProg3Service
              mars.robotics.team4004

This was corrected by replacing the bootstrap file in the updated programer version.

Cypress programmer version 3.13.4.1048 works fine with FRC2012 DS if the " ftk_3_simfw.hex " file is replaced with the same named file from the version 3.12.0.827 that came with the DS install from First.

the path to the file you want  is " c:\program files\cypress\programmer\3.12\service ".

Good luck from team 4004!

Go Rovers!!!