Since other PCs do not show this behave (I just checked mine) and nobody else has yet anounced a similar problem I'm afraid that the cause lies within your PC.
I have heard here in the forum that one guy had problems with the download which did not install and seemingly had a network problem. I suggest you to
de-install Creator 3.1, download the installation (bit more than 500MB) and re-install Creator with administrator rights.
If you have the time and want to do so, you may try to compare the download-files (before overwriting the old one - rename it) you can get some more information.
Min sys config from 3.1 release notes -
Thanks, Bob. I do have the reinstall option in my back pocket. However, I discovered yesterday that one project exhibits the problem and another doesn't. So I'm going to take the offending project and strip it down. I may find a particular aspect that's responsible for the behavior. That will also tie in to being able to provide to the forum a project with that aspect, sans company confidential info, to see if it does indeed happen on other computers.
Better spare that work and give the offending project right to Cypress with a MyCase. Cypress will trat all informations as confidential and they have more tools to analyze the issue than we users have.
Cypress found the problem, and it seems to be a general bug in 3.1. I tried the recommended fix below, and it WORKED.
We are sorry for your inconvenience.
To solve this issue, just enter new line at end of your main.c file as follow:
323 /*  END OF FILE */
Here, 324 is the last line number of main.c file.
We are thankful to you for pointing error in our PSoC Creator which will great helpful to improve future version of PSoC Creator.
Thanks and Regards,