Starting an FX3 project from scratch with ECLIPSE, other development environments supported ?!?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, while the latest SDK for the FX3 being built with Eclipse and GCC gives some marginal finacial advantages over some professional solution like Keil or IAR ( heck, anything else would habe been a better solution than this c..p ) it seems that we are stuck for the for the moment ( hopefully Cypress will reconsider and support something else ) with this pretty cumbersome development enviroment.

My question, besides the (very light) information that comes with the SDK documentation is there any AN or tutorial about starting an project  from scratch without copying one of the firmware examples and hacking away hoping is still compiles correctly?

It seems that under the cumbersome java IDE someone has to deal with the dreaded "configuration files" half of it being non-documented, in the typical "open source culture"  where time is free and just to start a new project that actually compiles you have to read 2.5 bibles on non-project related stuff.

Any pointer to a tutorial, ideally with some explantions about the files involved somewhere will be very appreciated.

Also if by chance I've missed it, if there are any other development environments supported, kindly please tell me, and no, "you only need your vi and make files" is not something to be used in 2014 soon to be.

Many thanks and sorry for the rant but compared with the FX2 Keil the new environment is really frustrating.

M.C.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. I was having the same question as you did. I found the FX3 Programmers Manual very helpful. Have a look at Section 12.2.2.4 Creating New Eclipse Projects. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

SIEBEN. welcome in the forum!

Yes, I can support you that reading documentation will always give you a commanding lead. But since this thread is over one (1) year old I would suspect that the original writer already has done so.

Bob

0 Likes