1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 2:11 PM by HeLi_263931 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: expected fucntion body after function declaration

Hi Bob,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  That did the trick!.

I hope I have not annoyed with all of this and my questions.

Thanks again !

Ron

• 16. Re: expected fucntion body after function declaration
          JoMe_264151

Not annoyed at all, Ron. You are always welcome! You may go to lunch right now...

Bob

• 17. Re: expected fucntion body after function declaration

Hi Bob,

Just one last note .  I have submitted a case with Cypress regarding this issue.  Not sure how far it will go.   One thing I have noticed since with working with this technology,  while the chips themselves are very good and a great concept,  Cypress's regression testing for backwards compatibility leaves something to be desired.  I am a 25 year veteran of the CS and IT industries.  I guess I have been lucky,  the two major companies I have worked for during that period of time, had an absolute commitment to backwards compatibility.  This not the first instance while working with this ham radio application where PSoC Creator 3 SP 1 is not compatible with the previous releases.  The other issue was resolved fairly easily.  This one was a bit sticky.    (Off soap box).

Thanks again,

Ron 

• 18. Re: expected fucntion body after function declaration
              JoMe_264151

I think that keeping backwards compatibility can spoil the progress, can hinder to invent new technics, new chips. After some time the burden to support older designs or components can be a pain in the ass.

In the case of the BootLoader I agree with you that the function to start the bootloadable should not have been hidden but put into the .h-file to make it accessable from BootLoader.

Bob

• 19. Re: expected fucntion body after function declaration
                HeLi_263931

But Creator comes with the older versions of all components. That should include the bootloader as well. You need to enable the display of hidden component (I think its somewhere in the preferences).

If you still have the original version of the project, you can also try to use it again, but this time without updating the bootloader.

• 20. Re: expected fucntion body after function declaration

From Cypress:

Hello Ronald,  Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Yes you are right. You will face issues with Bootloader_LaunchApplication().  This issue is due to the updates done to Bootloader component in version 1.20.  These issues are fixed in the upcoming version of bootloader component 1.30.  One workaround to avoid this issue is to use bootloader component 1.10 in your project.  You can do this by clicking on,  Project -> Update Components -> Bootloader select version 1.10 instead of 1.20. Now Click on next and update the component. After configuring Bootloader component to 1.10  you will not face issues with Bootloader_LaunchApplication() function.   Please let us know if this solves your issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused  due to this issue. This issue will be fixed in the latest creator version PSoC Creator 3.1. Please let us know if you have any further questions.  Thanks, Hima
                  • 21. Re: expected fucntion body after function declaration
                    HeLi_263931

Oh, I did not think of using the upgrade dialog to downgrade a component :) But its easier I guess than replacing it (since it should retain the configuration, if any).

1 2 Previous Next