Tips and Tricks - Skipping generation of APIs of a component in PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question: Is there a way so that I can stop generating APIs for the components for which I do not want to use them?

Answer: 

Yes. When you configure any component in PSoC Creator, you will find "Built-In" tab in configuration window. There is a parameter named “CY_SUPPRESS_API_GEN”. This will by default be assigned to false. If you do not want to use any of the APIs for this component and hence do not want to generate APIs for this component, you can set this value to true. This will suppress generate any APIs for the selected component. This is helpful to reduce flash memory consumption by the components.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great tip,thanks! ..

This is exactly what I chanced upon recently,hunting for the reason behind high(almost 15%!) for even very simple starter level projects.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi DASG,

I think a KB article about this would be useful, as many of them are not aware of this.

0 Likes
EdUc_284901
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi to all!

Does this means that it will only generate the API's that I use for a certain component or does it mean that it will not generate NO API's for the componet used?

What are the pro and cons in skipping generaton os APIs?

Thank all

Edgardo Ucha

0 Likes