Response of Read-authenticated is none

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In SDK2.1.1,

I set one characteristic permission as read(authenticated) in hello_sensor.

I added bleprofile_sendReadReq (handle No.) in 1sec app_timer, and log message into response callback function in hello_client.

When I change the permission on hello_sensor from read-authenticated to read, then response works normally,

but in case of read-authenticated in hello_sensor, read response callback in hello_client is not called.

When I set the permission of characteristic as authenticated, which api should I call to get the response from peer?

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you set permission as Authenticated Read the stack will check that link is encrypted before replying to the Read request.  Either client or server can initiate security.  On the peripheral side you can call

lesmp_sendSecurityRequest(); at the time connection is established.  On the central side you can do

lesmp_startPairing which will perform pairing if needed and will initiate encryption procedure.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I'll ask one of the developers if they can take a look at this for you.

If you set permission as Authenticated Read the stack will check that link is encrypted before replying to the Read request.  Either client or server can initiate security.  On the peripheral side you can call

lesmp_sendSecurityRequest(); at the time connection is established.  On the central side you can do

lesmp_startPairing which will perform pairing if needed and will initiate encryption procedure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Victorz,

could you help me understand?

Do you mean that the reason is unneeded encryption?

I saw the conn-up and bonded message with hello-sensor board and mobile phone.

When I try to read the characteristic on mobile screen, authenticated-read type was not available for read.

After I changed the characteristic from authenticated read to read, then I could read the characteristic.

0 Likes