MPPT Charge Controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Cypress' charge controller based on CY8CLED04D01 has an in-built MPPT algorithmn. Is it possible to port that algorithm to a PSoC 1 device? Is there any advantage of using this device?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I started to answer one of your other threads here: http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=1573&rID=73596, but i cannot replay as fast as you are opening new threads. Will you please stick to one thread and do not open so many new ones on the same theme.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The MPPT implemented with PowerPSoC is dependant on the dedicated power peripherals, which are not available in PSoC1. So, it would be not be possible to do direct porting to PSoC1. At best, the logic can be taken and implemented differently[with external power peripherals].

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This ap note describes the algoritim and HW used -

http://www.cypress.com/?docID=34455

There is a project file, with the algoritim written in C you could potentially

port to your own HW.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

I am sorry for the trouble. I am new to this forum and had issues figuring out where exactly I need to post the question. After posting under the first topic, I realized that architectue would be a more relevant place. I felt that maybe I will not get answer to my query if it is not correctly posted. I am sorry once again for causing all the trouble. 

John

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

No troubles so far, We could stop you in time (Smile).

So I learned that the MPPT algorithm has nothing to do with PSoCs, but with the solar panel. As Dana already told it will be possible to adapt the principles of operation of MPPT on different hardware, but it might turn out that the implementation can be easier done (smaller BoM) with a Power-PSoc.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes