3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2013 12:41 AM by rama.sai.krishna.vakkantula

What is endpoint 3 or 7?

alex.roscoe

I am playing around with isochronus transfers and I cant seem to get them to work.  A few forum posts say that multi burst transfers only work on endpoint 3 or 7.  What do I need to set to acheive this?

• 1. Re: What is endpoint 3 or 7?
          rama.sai.krishna.vakkantula

Hi,

High bandwidth Isochronous endpoints are those that support transfers of more than one packet of data at USB Hi-Speed and one burst of data at USB SuperSpeed, per micro-frame. The FX3 device supports high bandwidth Isochronous transfers only on the Endpoints 3 and 7 (both IN and OUT). Please ensure that these endpoints are selected whenever high bandwidth Isochronous data transfers are used.

For doing this, please change the following #defines in the header file as shown here:

#define CY_FX_EP_PRODUCER               0x03    /* EP 3 OUT */

#define CY_FX_EP_CONSUMER               0x83    /* EP 3 IN */

#define CY_FX_EP_PRODUCER_SOCKET        CY_U3P_UIB_SOCKET_PROD_3    /* Socket 3 is producer */

#define CY_FX_EP_CONSUMER_SOCKET        CY_U3P_UIB_SOCKET_CONS_3    /* Socket 3 is consumer */

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

• 2. Re: What is endpoint 3 or 7?
            content.librarian
                    Is there any relation to a bulk transfer? Which endpoints should I use in bulk mode? Why are 3 or 7 usually used? Thanks, Lumpi   
            • 3. Re: What is endpoint 3 or 7?
              rama.sai.krishna.vakkantula

Hi Lumpi,

There is no relation to Bulk transfers. You should be able to use any endpoint for Bulk.

But ISO mult packtes are supported only for endpoint 3 and 7. Only UIB_SOCKETs 3 and 7 are designed to support ISO with mult settings enabled.

Thanks,

sai krishna.