How to configure IO registers in BCM20737

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to use AVR then, recently begin to use Broadcom's BLE module "BCM20737S".

But I don't get how to configure IO register's(ex.gpio,pwm,a/d converter) in BCM20737S. What document can I refer ?

I don't know why, but they aren't exist in datasheet...

1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

embeddedmasters has done an excellent job explaining how to configure GPIO on our part within the datasheet for their Embedded Masters Break-Out Board: http://www.cdiweb.com/datasheets/embedded/EMRF-BCM20736S-BOB-UserManual.pdf

Start on page 49.

In addition, the new Smart Designer feature in SDK 2.X can also be used to setup GPIO.

j.t put together an excellent 'How-To' video here: WICED Smart Video BLOG: SDK 2.1 Smart Designer Tool Walk-Thru

When using this tool, pay particular attention to the "To-Do' list as these are sections of code that still need to be manually programmed.  Smart Designer does the rest.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Have you read the Hardware Interfaces Document?   WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces

Access to the low level I/O registers is usually not possible, as BCM has created an abstraction layer on top of them and provided the APIs to ask the hardware to do the work.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

embeddedmasters has done an excellent job explaining how to configure GPIO on our part within the datasheet for their Embedded Masters Break-Out Board: http://www.cdiweb.com/datasheets/embedded/EMRF-BCM20736S-BOB-UserManual.pdf

Start on page 49.

In addition, the new Smart Designer feature in SDK 2.X can also be used to setup GPIO.

j.t put together an excellent 'How-To' video here: WICED Smart Video BLOG: SDK 2.1 Smart Designer Tool Walk-Thru

When using this tool, pay particular attention to the "To-Do' list as these are sections of code that still need to be manually programmed.  Smart Designer does the rest.

0 Likes