User module SDcard missing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, i am creating a new chip project and want use an sdcard, but in the user modules library there is not the sdcard.   
I have installed the psoc designer 5 sp5 and also tryed the sp5.5 but no sdcard modules.   
With the previous psoc designer 5 sp4a there was the sdcard modules.   

Please help to find the sdcard user module.   

using cy8c29466 in the project.   

Thank you   

Luigi Palumbo.   
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have downloaded sdcard.zip file and developed my project with one of the 6 projects you can find in.

User Module Example Project: SD Card
http://www.cypress.com/?docID=3045

Best regards.

Johan D.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Luigi,   

We found many issue in SD card User Module. So, we have removed the support of SD card UM from PSoC Designer. This is the reason it is not available in any new release. So, we do not suggest to use SD card user module in new designs.   

SD card UM will be included again in PSoC Designer, once we fix all the known issues with it.   

Best regards,   
Sachin   
0 Likes
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received
        Sachin,   

Is there any schedule or version in which this SD card UM will again be included in PSoC Designer.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Pushek,   

No, there is no schedule for having SD card UM again. We can not have it again PSoC Designer until we have a stable SD card user module.   

Best regards,   
Sachin   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello,   
Could you explain very shortly what are actually the problems with the latest release of SD card module v1.2 .   

The only thing I noticed was a long time for reading or writing due to fat structure but when you use "no file system", a sector(512 bytes) is written faster(4ms and sometimes max 10 ms if i correctly remembered) because only the 32 bits sector adress is needed.   
Best regards,   

Johan   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you know when the sd card UM will be available again?

0 Likes