I have been working on the modules and have had a few issues. I have the modules connecting and communicating, however looking at a product I test for the conditions that may occur and have found a few issues, see below, for discussion or solutions if anyone has any.
- Power on advertisement is not always working. Using RF Sniffer you can see that the RF stops operating when there is no client to connect too.
- Running the advertisement through it’s cycle, High advertisement for 30 seconds and then low advertisement for 300 seconds. There are frequent occasions where the module does not complete it’s cycle. The low advertisement runs for 10 seconds and then stops, sometimes the low advertisement runs for the full 300 seconds, the “Stopped advertisement interrupt handler” is called and low advertisement is re-started….sometimes you get RF for 10 seconds ….sometimes you get nothing.
- If the advertisement has stopped there is no way to re-start it without power cycling the module.
- I have added commands to allow serial commands to start/stop advertisements…this operates correctly and I can start HI or Low advertisements and stop them as required….however when the module hits the problems above the advertisements will not re-start without a power cycle. The firmware has not crashed as the debug messages are still being generated every second.
- If a connection is made and we are passing and processing messages correctly then the system is operational. The client is then powered down so the link is lost, the server sees that the link is lost and starts a high advertisement rate to re-connect to the client. Sometimes we get no RF out of the module, sometimes we get RF but the client will not re-connect until it has it’s power cycled.
- There are also issues with the pairing/bonding of the devices on the forum which Broadcom are aware of and will be fixing in the future.
- Lack of documentation on the software functions within the module, I spend a lot of time looking of r a feature to find it in another software module, but with no documentation to support it.