Wiced Smart SDK Java issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I tried installing the Wiced-Smart-SDK on her Computer.  The OS on the machine is Win Server 2008 R1 enterprise

When I try to start the software I get the following error code:

Java Was Started but returned exit code = 13

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\javaw.exe

-Dosgi.required.JavaVersion = 1.5

-Dhelp.lucene.tokenizer=standard....

I have Java 7 Update 7 (64-bit), Java 8 Update 20 (64-bit) and Jave SE Development Kit 8 Update 20(64-bit) installed.

Any insight into this issue would be helpful.

Thanks,

Belenie

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Hey Belenie,

The WICED SMART SDK utilizes a 32-bit version of an Eclipse based IDE which requires a 32-bit version of JRE to be installed. If you have the 64-bit JRE installed you will need to install the 32-bit version as well. The JRE is designed to allow both 32 and 64 bit variants to be installed on the same system.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Hey Belenie,

The WICED SMART SDK utilizes a 32-bit version of an Eclipse based IDE which requires a 32-bit version of JRE to be installed. If you have the 64-bit JRE installed you will need to install the 32-bit version as well. The JRE is designed to allow both 32 and 64 bit variants to be installed on the same system.

0 Likes
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Hello Belenie,

Did you have any prior eclipse installations ? Also did you edit anything in the eclipse.ini file ? If you could take a snapshot of the complete error message and eclipse.ini file that would be great. I'm Guessing your PATH settings are not correct for pointing to the correct java version. WICED Smart SDK does not use any Java code, but eclipse itself requires is my guess. Try setting the path (How do I set or change the PATH system variable?)

thnx

vik86

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,  looks like it's working now.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it's just too much to ask for a download link???  I can't find the 32 bit version on Oracle's website - I guess I'm just stupid but every download I try installs only the 64 bit version

0 Likes