Select Debug Target empty

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings,

I have a CY8CKIT-014 Psoc 5 First Touch starter Kit and a CY8CKIT-001 PSOC development kit. I have installed the necessary drivers and program on my computer but I cannot program the Psocs as the "Select Debug Target.." menu  is constantly empty. I have first installed the drivers from the CDs, but also from the website to make sure they were up to date.

I saw another post on this problem but the fix suggested did not work for me. I made sure the psoc was on before plugging in the miniprog3, and the problem is also there for the smaller Psoc 5 from the starter Kit (which does not require the miniprog3). I have reinstalled the drivers and programs several times now and restarted my computer too. My computer runs under Windows 7-64 bits.

Would you  have any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

Timothee

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume you are using PSoC Creator 1.0 or later. We recommend you to upgrade you to the latest version of PSoC Creator that is available here, http://www.cypress.com/?rID=39551.

• In the latest version of PSoC Creator, when you click the program button, if the device selected in the project( using the device selector catalog the program) matches with the target device to which Miniprog3 is connected programming continues smoothly.
  •     
  • If the programming does not start, the target device is not acquired and a window will appear similar to what is shown in the picture attached(prog1.jpg). 
  •     
  • Now Click on Apply Settings and the device connected will appear, http://www.dropmocks.com/mWfHV
  •     
  • Now click Port Acquire, http://dropmocks.com/mWd_o . Click connect and then say OK, the device should program successfully.
  •     
  • If the device does not appear in the list when Apply Settings is clicked, a possible reason could be due to the device may not being powered.
  •    
0 Likes

I can't see your images you have in your comment. I think the links are bad.

I'm having the same issue. Can you update your steps? Especially, where are we supposed to click on Apply Settings?

udayanu_51

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothee,

I saw a similar problem during one of our developer conferences.  We had to uninstall and reinstall PSoC Programmer.  

Regards,
Matt 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a connection between the J15 and BLE vdd beside the PROC/PSOC holders which kind of disconnects the BLE. So if you place the shunt then you can recognize your BLE on the computer. Try this out.

Akshaya

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I am afraid that in 2011 there was not yet a Cypress BLE chip or board available, so what do you mean with your suggestion.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I' m getting the exact same problem. I installed and uninstalled PSoC Creator(4.1) multiple times, installed drivers and kits to no avail. then I decided to install the PSoC creator given with the PSoC4 BLE kit (PSoC Creator 3.3). Still it can't aquire the device. In device manager it shows up in COM port and device is working properly, but there's nothing in the port aquired window. Moreover, the links inside this post for correction have expired domain so I can't check them out too.

Regards,

Viraj

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When there is no kitprog shown in the port acquire window try pressing the reset switch for more than 10s to change the mode (see kitprog manual).

Bob

0 Likes