6 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2016 7:46 PM by content.librarian

Authentication with static passkey

content.librarian

I am new to Cypress PRoC/PSoC solutions for BLE. I am trying to establish an authenticated connection between a peripheral and a central device using a pre-known static passkey. Here is what I have so far:

Peripheral side:

- configured as GATT server, GAP peripheral

- successfully starts BLE stack

- successfully starts advertising with 5 sec interval

- allows central device to connect

- waits for central device to start authentication process

- on receiving CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_REQ, calls CyBle_GappAuthReqReply() with No Bonding, key size 16, security 0x02

- on receiving CYBLE_EVT_GAP_PASSKEY_ENTRY_REQUEST, calls CyBle_GapAuthPassKeyReply() with static passkey

- waits for CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_COMPLETE or CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_FAILED

Central side:

- configured as GATT client, GAP central

- successfully starts BLE stack

- successfully starts scanning with fast scan mode

- successfully discovers target peer device

- successfully connects to target device using CyBle_GapcConnectDevice() with return 0x00

- on receiving CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED, calls CyBle_GapAuthReq() with No Bonding, key size 16, security 0x02

After calling CyBle_GapAuthReq() the central device gets CYBLE_EVT_GAP_PASSKEY_DISPLAY_REQUEST the very first time, and then stays there without generating any other events from the BLE stack. And the passkey displayed is not the static passkey I'm trying to use.

Can someone shine light on the faults in the process above, for both the central and peripheral devices?