"Unable to find a solution for the analog routing" error, when using two IDACs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

So I'm trying to use two of the built in IDACs, for higher resolution, but it gives me the error:

"apr.M0003:Unable to find a solution for the analog routing"

A screenshot of this part of my TopDesign is attached. 

I also tried to test a different setup, to try and locate the error. The other attachment shows a setup which does not give errors. 

I'm using a PSoC 4200L (CYC4248NZI-L489)

Any ideas how to fix my issue, would be appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The part number you listed is incorrect. Did you mean CYC4248BZI-L489? Post your program please.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

See this example , you must be careful with this as you are close to resource limit on the DAC components.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your responses. 

I had seen the limitations and tried different combinations of 7 and 8-bit IDACs, so I was surprised to see your program working.

Turns out I get an error relating to the ADC I also need for my project. Are there some limitations related to the use of both the ADC and multiple IDAC? The project builds fine if I only have two inputs on the ADC mux. 

I have created at simple project which has the errors.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Let Creator do the job: The routing resources are a bit fewer in a PSoC4 compared to the PSoC5, so set the pins in question (no green mark) to "auto assign at build" and unlock them. Now the fitter will choose a pin which you later can accept by locking it.

Bob

0 Likes