Writing Datapath Register & Filling FIFO via DMA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I'm trying to transfer a few values between an array and a datapath register and FIFO.  However, I don't have a good grasp on the ins and outs of DMA.  I think I've figured it out, but I was wondering if anyone could give my work a glance.

I have the following:

1. A 16-bit datapath whose instance name is DelHist_SM_DP
  3. An array defined as uint16 DelHist_I_target [5]
  5. A DMA whose instance name is DelHist_Target_DMA

When the drq line on the DMA is pulsed, I want the following to occur:

1. Transfer first value (2 bytes) in the array to the datapath data register D0.
  3. Fill the datapath FIFO F0 with the remaining 4 values (8 bytes total) of the array.

Since I don't understand the DMA very well, I relied on the DMA wizard to set it up.  I have attached a screenshot of my entry.  The output of the wizard (with one modification) is below.  Note that, because the wizard didn't recognize the datapath, I had to tell it that I was doing an SRAM to SRAM transfer, then manually modify the destination base.

Am I on the right track?

Paul

/* Defines for DelHist_Target_DMA */
#define DelHist_Target_DMA_BYTES_PER_BURST 127
#define DelHist_Target_DMA_REQUEST_PER_BURST 0
#define DelHist_Target_DMA_SRC_BASE (CYDEV_SRAM_BASE)
// #define DelHist_Target_DMA_DST_BASE (CYDEV_SRAM_BASE)
#define DelHist_Target_DMA_DST_BASE (CYDEV_PERIPH_BASE)        // Modified base address

/* Variable declarations for DelHist_Target_DMA */
/* Move these variable declarations to the top of the function */
uint8 DelHist_Target_DMA_Chan;
uint8 DelHist_Target_DMA_TD[2];

/* DMA Configuration for DelHist_Target_DMA */
DelHist_Target_DMA_Chan = DelHist_Target_DMA_DmaInitialize(DelHist_Target_DMA_BYTES_PER_BURST, DelHist_Target_DMA_REQUEST_PER_BURST,
    HI16(DelHist_Target_DMA_SRC_BASE), HI16(DelHist_Target_DMA_DST_BASE));
DelHist_Target_DMA_TD[0] = CyDmaTdAllocate();
DelHist_Target_DMA_TD[1] = CyDmaTdAllocate();
CyDmaTdSetConfiguration(DelHist_Target_DMA_TD[0], 2, DelHist_Target_DMA_TD[1], TD_AUTO_EXEC_NEXT);
CyDmaTdSetConfiguration(DelHist_Target_DMA_TD[1], 8, CY_DMA_DISABLE_TD, DelHist_Target_DMA__TD_TERMOUT_EN);
CyDmaTdSetAddress(DelHist_Target_DMA_TD[0], LO16((uint32)DelHist_I_target), LO16((uint32)DelHist_SM_DP_D0_PTR));
CyDmaTdSetAddress(DelHist_Target_DMA_TD[1], LO16((uint32)&DelHist_I_target[1]), LO16((uint32)DelHist_SM_DP_F0_PTR));
CyDmaChSetInitialTd(DelHist_Target_DMA_Chan, DelHist_Target_DMA_TD[0]);
CyDmaChEnable(DelHist_Target_DMA_Chan, 1);

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please attach your project

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anks,

Thanks for responding to my post.  Since I first posted, I have changed my approach and therefore my project has changed.  So, attaching it now wouldn't be very useful.

As I have read more about DMA and studied some examples, I realize that I had made at least a couple of mistakes in the attempt cited in my original post.  Since my approach has changed, it's a moot point now.  Anyway, thanks for responding.

Paul

0 Likes