Anyone using WinUSB?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        We are having some really random heap corruption issues calling cyusb.sys DeviceIOControl functions from managed code using IOCompletion ports. I can run my device and process millions of transactions using this code before it crashes. Sometimes it takes 20 minutes to crash sometimes takes 12 hours...   

Anyway, I wanted to try a different driver just to see if, perhaps cyusb.sys was at fault.   

I can try Jungo free for 30 days but balk at paying the price for the drivers if somehow switching over solves my problem. So, I was thinking of using the generic WinUSB drivers...(I realize of course I'll have to re-write parts of my code for the MS API) I am also not using any Iso endpoints either. So, It should work.   

I'm just wondering if anyone here has had any success with drivers other than CyUSB.   
0 Likes
2 Replies
user_298221
Level 1
Level 1
        WinUSB is working good.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I was going to look at WinUSB but that was before Cypress provided 64-bit driver support.   

Do you remember to pin *all* objects that were allocated by managed code, including the Single Transfer buffer?   
0 Likes