working with linux?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello,   

i want to know if i can read data from the cypress FirstTouch kit in a linux based system. I can't find documentation about this...   
0 Likes
4 Replies
JamesD_81
Employee
Employee
First like received Welcome!
        Thanks for your question.   

The FirstTouch kit has not been designed or tested to work under linux, however, it is technically possible. A custom driver may need to be developed or you might be able to reuse an existing HID class driver under linux and then a separate application to interface with this driver. Unfortunately, we don't currently have any documentation on doing this specific task.   

Hope this helps answer your question and thanks again,   
Jim   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        This is an old thread, but I hope it still gets monitored.   

I am highly interested to read information from the FirstTouch kit from an embedded linux device. Is there any more documentation on the protocol used? Or do I have to reverse engineer the USB protocol from the windows machine?   

Thanks,   

Thomas   
0 Likes
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received
        Hello Thomas,   

The First Touch Kit device has been designed as a HID device. I'll try getting some information for you regarding how the protocol has been implemented. If I'll get some, I'll update this thread.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        how do i use the activeX examples that are given in the website? Is it auto detect the hub or i still have to type in some codes? i am using CY3271 and the link for code example are http://www.cypress.com/?rID=47 Please Help!!   
0 Likes