I am also having same issue. can anyone point me out about what to do?
Anyone have an answer to this?
This works for me:
- download a copy of Segger J-flash utility (SEGGER - The Embedded Experts for RTOS and Middleware, Debug Probes and Production Programmers - J-Flash)
- run it, select a new project from template, select template to suit your micro
- File -> open data file, select bootloader bin file
- File -> merge data file, select DCT bin file. Enter 4000 for the start address
- File -> merge data file, select application bin file. Enter C000 for start address
- File -> Save data file as, save to new bin file
This new file is a merge of all the separate files and can be downloaded by any Jtag programmer.
Thanks userc_15655 for you response.
We have successfully got single binary by using your mentioned steps. We are able to download that binary using SNIC monitor(PC application) into SN8200 Evolution board.
But we are facing the issue when downloading the same binary onto our customized SN8205 hardware board. We tried below approaches.
1) With ST-Link Version 2 Programmer and ST-Link PC application
2) BY using JTAG pins of Evolution board and SNIC monitor
3) Olimex USB-Tiny JTAG Programmer and SNIC monitor
4) Olimex USB-Tiny JTAG Programmer and ST-Link PC application
5) OpenOCD command line utility
Can you please give some suggestions on how can we download single binary onto our customized SN8205 hardware board using Olimex USB-Tiny JTAG programmer?
It would be highly appreciated if any kind of help will be got in this case.
We found the solution using openOCD command line utility and olimex programmer.
Please find below steps.
step-1: Get openocd folder from Wiced-sdk\Tools\OpenOCD.
step-2: Open Command Prompt in windows.
step-3: Change the directory to above mention path. Depends on your operating system, enter into OS directory.
step-4: Enter below command.
"openocd-all-brcm-libftdi.exe -f ..\Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H.cfg -f ..\stm32f2x.cfg -c init -c targets -c "halt" -c "program FILENAME.BIN 0x8000000 verify" -c "reset run" -c shutdown"
Here is an application note that describes the Firmware downloading process for SN820x modules.
mekoc_2012686 . The document link moved. https://my.murata.com/~/watermark/wifi_sn8205/members/SN820x_Application_Note/AN-SN8200_002_SN820X-Firmware-Downloading%… the link is to My Murata site. You need to register to MyMurata to access the site.