CREATE A FILE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to create a file into main.c to save some SIgDeltaADC values.

I wrote the typical C code to create a file but this compiler seems not to identify

the pointer.

I get and error in the instruction:

FILE *p;

The compiler sais: undefined identifier.

The code is:

<device.h> <math.h> <stdio.h> main()int result,i;/* Place your initialization/startup code here (e.g. MyInst_Start()) */ /* CYGlobalIntEnable; */ /* Uncomment this line to enable global interrupts. */ "primeros.dat", "wb");for(i=0;i<10;i++)sizeof(int), 1, fp);/*for*/ /*main*/

Some idea to create a file?

#include

#include

void

{

FILE *fp;

ADCDelSig_Start();

fp = fopen(

{

ADCDelSig_StartConvert();

ADCDelSig_IsEndConversion(ADCDelSig_WAIT_FOR_RESULT );

result=ADCDelSig_GetResult8();

fwrite(&result,

}

fclose(fp);

}

/* [] END OF FILE */

#include

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't a file system on the PSoC 3 system that you are using, so the whole concept of File IO is not defined.  Since you are interested in writing to a file, the most likely alternative is to use a communication interface to send data out of the device.  The simpliest is likely the UART.

So if you put a UART into your design, then you can write to that UART and have a PC or other device recieve the data.

If you want standard C formatting routines, those are supported by the Keil compiler.  For example you can use the sprintf function to create a string and then use the UART_PutString() function to send that string on the UART interface.  Make sure to include the stdio.h header file as well:

#include<stdio.h>

You can refer to the help documentation for the Keil compiler (from Creator Help->Documentation->Keil).  From there search on stdio.  You will find that Keil also has the concept of printf, but that is implementation dependent and needs an interface to use.  For PSoC 3 you should use sprintf and then pass that string to whatever commnunications interface that you would like to use.

Brad Budlong
PSoC Sensei

0 Likes