How could I use my PSOC Designer to interface an SDCARD ??

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hai...I am new to Psoc and to this forum.   

I wanted to interface an SDCARD to my PSOC1 using psoc DESIGNER/Express. And also need to format the sdcard using FAT.   
I have worked on I2C with psoc. But how could I interface an SDcard with the user modules?   

How could I do that?? Please help me out...   

Thanks in advance..   
Siv   
0 Likes
4 Replies
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        Check out the below KB article.   

http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=37652    

The PSoC Designer versions before PSD5.0 SP5 had a user module for SD Card which is not available anymore. If you download an earlier version of the PSoC Designer from the PSoC Designer archives, you could use the SD Card user module. However there are many problems in this approach.   

1. There were many bugs (not sure if any of them was a show stopper) in the SD card user module   
2. You don't have a free C compiler in older versions of PSoC Designer. So you will need an Imagecraft license for this.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

sir i am doing a project using psoc in which i have to store temperature readings, for this i want to use sd card, but u said psoc designer is not supporting sd card. So can i interface the sd card using SPIM user module in which sd card is working spi mode.... please give replay  sir

thank you

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Shekar,

Yes.  In the absence of SD Card support in the designer, the only option is to use the SPIM user module and interfece the SD card.  If you are not planning to do file management, then I think you should be able to create a simple interface by direct sector writes.

Good luck!!

Best Regards,
Ganesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sir I am not familiar with spi, so could you please send me a sample project for this. 

thank you

0 Likes