I think you could do this with a timer. Just set it to single shot, 1 cycle, and start it with your signal.
What will happen on the next edge? Wouldn't the timer need resetting?
Hi Hugo Elias,
What should be the duration of the pulse you need on every clock edge?
This requirement can be easily met with the use of a Timer Component available in PSoC3/5.
An example project is created which gives a pulse of 1ms upon falling egde on Trigger.
1) Timer Component is chosen with Resolution of 8-bit which is implemented in UDB. The period is set to 1ms with 1 PWM output.
2) The Run Mode is set to "One Shot with Multi Trigger" and the "Trigger Mode" is set to "Falling Edge". One shot with Multi Trigger will result in a pulse output on every falling edge on the trigger input. This is similar to a Monostable Multivibrator.
3) Pin is connected to the Trigger terminal of the Timer. Clock of 100KHz is used. The PWM output is connected to an output pin.
4) In this case, since the trigger is on Falling Edge, the Trigger_in is set to resistive Pull-Up.
5) The oscilloscope snap-shot is also shown below.
The project is attached in the previous post.