2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2011 11:31 PM by edmund.rapsevicius

How to overdrive XRES

edmund.rapsevicius

My design uses an external power monitor/watchdog driving XRES for PUR and Watchdog functions. Unfortunately the Miniprog3 also uses XRES. Any suggestions on how to overdrive the external XRES signal (the watchdog will timeout during programming). I could use something like a resistor to isolate the external XRES, but I have no idea on the miniprog drive strength, and whether it can successfully overdrive in this mode.

• 1. Re: How to overdrive XRES
          PushekM_21

Hi Edmund,

What is PUR to which you have referred here? Also, when you are talking about watchdog then whose watchdog timer you are talking about and how connectingt o XRES pin is helping. 

Miniprog uses XRES pin for programming but PSoC3 does have a configurable XRES pin which can be used but I would like to know the functionality you are using here.

Best regards,

Pushek

• 2. Re: How to overdrive XRES
            edmund.rapsevicius

I need an external watchdof timer for extra security and to reset other devices includung the Psoc. I am using the MAX6301 for the timer, wired to XRES. Unfortunately XRES is also used by the programmer, hence my question, how do I overdrive the XRES so the watchdog does not interfere with the programmer?

Ed