1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2011 1:37 AM by gaya

IOCTL_ADAPT_SEND_NON_EP0_DIRECT (input) how to tell if the pipe was reset and/or aborted??

kevin.c.chen

Hi,

I have some code to get data from an IN endpoint on the USB

if ( false == ::DeviceIoControl(h, IOCTL_ADAPT_SEND_NON_EP0_DIRECT,
                              pXmitBuf, iXmitBufSize,
                              data, size,
                              &dwReturnBytes, (LPOVERLAPPED)NULL) )

{

//throw exception

}

The problem is for the very last transfer, no data is passed back, and I do not want the DeviceIoControl to capture anything. The above code will block until sometthing is captured, but I want it to abandon the last capture. I could successfully do that with the IOCTL_ADAPT_RESET_PARENT_PORT. However, that will NOT result in an excpetion being through, as no error condition is reported.

I tried using IOCTL_ADAPT_ABORT_PIPE to force the above code to throw an exception, however, that does not seems to work. Here is how I implmented the abort function

if (false == ::DeviceIoControl(h, IOCTL_ADAPT_ABORT_PIPE,
                              &Address, sizeof(UCHAR),
                              NULL, 0,
                              &dwBytes, NULL))
                          {
                              throw std::exception("LowCyUsbDriver::Reset() - Input pipe IO request cannot be aborted.");
                          }

Is there another function I can use to force the IOCTL_ADAPT_SEND_NON_EP0_DIRECT to report an error state?

I really need it to report an error state so I know it has returned from the last capture and nothing should be done about the data that was captured.

Thank you!