UART/RS485 communication

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am experiencing some troubles making RS485 communication through UART. I am using First Touch Kit and Ti ISO3086 driver. I am connecting the RE and DE short, and they are connected to Tx_E out of the UART. D of the driver is connected to the TX and R is connected to RX of the UART. The program code that I am using is quite simple.

test = UART_485_ReadRxData ();
        if (test !=0 )
        {
            UART_485_WriteTxData (test);
        }

I am missing something (probably in the configuration of the UART or in the firmware code). I have managed to make it send data (as a second device I am using RS485 to RS232 converter and Hyper Terminal), but can’t make it receive some data. The driver was configured as a Half Duplex. If I want to make it work as Full Duplex, how should I connect the output of the UART and the input of the driver? What should be the configuration of the UART in this case?

I will appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
6 Replies
KishoreS_96
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

Can you please attach your project file or create a Technical Support case with the project?

Regards,

Kishore.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have created technical support case. I am still working on the problem. If I have any success with it I will post.

Thanks,

0 Likes
KishoreS_96
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Ok That's great !!

--

Kishore.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am also facing the same problem , I am able to receive it ,but problem is that it is not the same data what i am transmitting .

check at your end : to receive the code you have to make DIR (i.e - RE and DE both short)

when you are transmitting make it high and while receiving make it low .

if you found any other way inform me too ,I am working on same if i Get sucess i'll share it

Regards

Habib

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

I am diving in the same pool. 😉

want to use RS-485 for easy machine-2-machine communications.

a few days passed by since this topic was started. any sucess in the meantime?

is there an AN or CE for that oftem to come demand ?

b.r.

Markus

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you specify what is your problem? uploading your project would be helpful for others to see what's wrong. 🙂

0 Likes