Smart Designer dropped from 2.1 SDK?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was playing with the smart designer feature to help me get a basic app skeleton going last week.  After I updated the SDK this morning (from 2.0.1), the option no longer appears in the File->New sub menu.  No mention of this omission in the changelog.  Is this deliberate or an oversight?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Smart Designer was not removed.

What we have found is that when some users upgrade over a previous version of SDK 2.0 is that the menu option will be removed.

This can in turn be resolved by re-installing the newer version of the SDK a second time (make sure all other windows and applications are closed on your machine).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello jose,

Please download the SDK 2.1 again, the Smart Designer should show up.

We detected this and changed the installation.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope.  Current link is still showing the Aug 8 version (version 2.1.0.49)

WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.0-IDE-Installer

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Smart Designer was not removed.

What we have found is that when some users upgrade over a previous version of SDK 2.0 is that the menu option will be removed.

This can in turn be resolved by re-installing the newer version of the SDK a second time (make sure all other windows and applications are closed on your machine).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply re-installing did not work.  Here's what did:

Remove en entire folder "My Documents\WICKED\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.0"

Reinstall SDK

I suspect that just removing the .metadata folder prior to re-installation is all that's needed.

So it's working now?  Thanks for providing details as I'm sure this will help others that run into the same problem.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's working now.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jose,

Thanks for letting us know.

JT

0 Likes