1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 7:53 PM by jcardona Go to original post
      • 15. Re: BCM2073xS (BCM20737S) GPIO bonding

Yes, sorry, pasting error.  Since I can't edit my previous response I'll repost in case someone else reads this:

Hi mwf_mmfae,

I definitely agree with your assessment that "I don't think that using the primary firmware mapping of P12/P11 will conflict with P26/P27".  But the secondary mapping (XTALI32K,XTALO32K) is the issue here.

I cannot tell from the table you pasted in your last message if configuring pins 43,44 as XTALO32K and XTALI32K (by disabling those GPIOs and invoking rtc_init()) would prevent using pins 42,1 as P26 and P27.

If that was the case, I would expect to see that fact mentioned in the documentation for pins 42 and 1, or elsewhere on that same document.  I suspect this is a documentation error carried over from the SOC datasheet, which does have those conflicts and properly documents them.

Thanks,

Javier

• 16. Re: BCM2073xS (BCM20737S) GPIO bonding
          MichaelF_56

jcardona,

As a follow up to the dialog over the weekend, I wanted to update/confirm with you a few items I learned/verified today (I may have to span this across the multiple threads that are open).

Regarding our discussion above of logical pins/GPIOs assigned to the External Oscillator function and any conflicts those pins would have on logical pins P26/P27:

Using the primary firmware mapping of P12/P11 will NOT conflict with P26/P27.  However, if you are using the secondary mappings and calling/configuring the GPIO using XTALI32K,XTALO32K, these will definitely conflict and cause issues.

Please confirm that you are indeed using P11/P12 and not using XTALI32K/XTALO32K.

• 17. Re: BCM2073xS (BCM20737S) GPIO bonding

Hi mwf_mmfae,

Thanks for following up.  We are using an external clock connected to XTALI32K/XTALO32K.  We are also using P26 and P27 as a gpio input and output respectively.  So it appears that we will have a conflict with our board if we attempt to use the external clock.

It turns out that we'll need to do another prototype iteration because of this.  I would strongly recommend that Broadcom clearly documents this conflict in CYW20736S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference .  Table 2 on that document only mentions 'P27' as an "Alternate function" for physical pin 44, but no mention is made in the description of physical pin 1 (logical P27).

Thanks,

Javier

1 2 Previous Next