* Running API 2.4.1.
* I loaded the HTML file onto the hardware with Murata's "wizzard" (ugh, I hate misspelling that!) and it was reliable. I was unable to crash their webserver. So the hardware is fine, but they didn't use Wiced's webserver.
I'm presently trying to reproduce your issue, will let you know soon..
I saw your html code in the resources and saw some issues with your html. I went ahead and corrected the same and ported it with the appliance app that comes default with WICED SDK and verified it .
Just to understand better your stripped down version of html code is just doing a counter logic. I did not notice any hanging issues or getting stuck with this new html. I did not debug your c code. Let me know if you have any doubts there.
As Mentioned earlier, its just a counter display on the web.
gre7g:I can compile, download, and connect to the device with my PC. I can pull up the web page with the latest version of Chrome -- sometimes. Sometimes the device will crash immediately. By crash, I mean that I have to power cycle the device or re-download to it to make it do anything. I can't pull up a web page. If I disconnect my PC from the WIFI connection, I will not be able to re-establish. I suspect the C code has fallen into an infinite loop or HALTed.
if you are seeing the crash, I would suspect your c code as mentioned by you . I would also try running using the existing app and later make changes the same accordingly.
gre7g:Sometimes the browser will pull the code up correctly and will load the page over and over. Usually, hitting F5 (refresh) on the browser will kill it immediately. Sometimes I have to hit it a bunch of times. Very rarely will refreshing not be able to kill it, but I've seen that happen too.
I suspect this happens if the board has not booted up completely or if the dhcp has not assigned a valid ip address, sometimes might be even browser cache
gre7g:Regardless, such a simple program should be rock-solid stable and it's most definitely not. I need to know what I've done wrong before we can design this device into our product
All the best and let me know if you still seeing issues with this.
index.html.zip 455 bytes
I tried your new HTML and the code still crashes when I hit refresh.
Yes, the problem is in the C code since that's what's actually crashing. That's what I wanted you to look at. I have no idea why you would even focus on the HTML.
As I mentioned, I'm running on a Murata SN8200EVK+.
Overflowing the stack could certainly be an issue. I'll research linking flags and see if I can find an option to allocate additional space. I'll post my findings here.
Discussion is being locked. If you have any follow-up, please start a new discussion.