Facing problems in APPL NOTE AN52705

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently i started working on PSoC....

in AN52705 (Getting started with DMA) 

1) In POINT TO POINT transfer project i am unable to get the EXACT SINE WAVE as output if i give a sine wave as a input .The output which i got is in the photo  ...please provide the information in getting the exact sine wave...

2)In POINT TO ARRAY TRANSFER Project how to SEE  the stored data????

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

To "see" variables:

Use the debugger's "Watch" facility (right-click on the var when project is halted) or look at the contents of memory.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you attach your modified project here ?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

To "see" variables:

Use the debugger's "Watch" facility (right-click on the var when project is halted) or look at the contents of memory.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

This signal looks like value overflow to me. Could it be that your ADC is set to differential mode, or to a resolution other than 8 bits? (Look at the datasheet of the DelSigADC, page 11 to see what I mean)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi naru,

It's a clear case of overflow of the ADC Value.

a) Try giving an input signal which is well withing the input voltage range of the ADC.

b) From what I can observe from the waveform, the offset in the input signal is quite high. If you reduce the offset to a lower value such that for the same amplitude, the input signal's peak to peak voltage is within the ADC's input range, the output obtained from VDAC will be a faithful reproduction of the input signal. (Remember that at no point of time should the input signal's amplitude go below the digital ground value)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without the project we cant really guess what the problem is. First we do not know if he is using ADC at all to sample the Sine. Could be that hard coded values are simply dumped using the DMA, the author of this post needs to clarify this. Sometimes, the offset error can occur if there is one byte shift in the DMA due to endianess mismatch. I have seen this in the past. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) In POINT TO POINT transfer project i gave the input as  sine wave and i maintained it's  peak to peak voltage within  the ADC's input range....now i got sine wave as output ....but if  i gave input voltage 1.5V  i am getting the output voltage voltage as 0.5V....how to avoid ths????

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In POINT TO ARRAY TRANSFER Project  after programming i am unable to see the "watch window" in the debug.....please provide info regarding this.....

in PSOC programmer for the same project i got the output as in pic.....please say what it means???? 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You've got a miniprog3 and should set it up for SWD interface (Ribbon cable). With that you'll have full debugging capabilities.

You used the Miniprog and the Programmer-software which works, but doesn't give you all the possibilities.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i kept the miniprog3 in SWD interface now its not showing the "port accquire window" and "watch window" also

please give info how to avoid this......

can i see the sampled output on "LCD"??????

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE PROVIDE  SOME INFORMATION REGARDING MY DOUBTS............

0 Likes