Ecpilse run on eaxmple code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

I used the ecplipse  to run the example USBBulkLoopAuto,

the info. windows(problem occurred) is showed

Error starting process.
Cannot run program "D:\FX3\basic_examples\USBIsochLoopAuto\Debug\USBIsochLoopAuto.elf": Launching failed

Cannot run program "D:\FX3\basic_examples\USBIsochLoopAuto\Debug\USBIsochLoopAuto.elf": Launching failed

what does it mean? And what can I do to get a successful run and compiler?

thanks, Eino

0 Likes
32 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

I have the same problem in eclipse. I tryed tom program it through USB Control Center, but it write: Programming Faild. What can I do for solve that problem? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi GL basik

you can try  the RAM Prog. in Control Center to solve the Programming Faild.

and reference the I2C Programming Note (AN68914).

but the Launching failed ???

I don't know to solve the problem!!

Who can help us??

thanks, Eino

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

The FX3 Programming Manual explains how to import and build existing projects into Eclipse. Have you tried to import and build any other projects.

Sodafarl

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

it was success to build existing projects into Eclipse.

but I try to Run the projects in eclipse.

than the info. window is showed the error:Launching failed.

thanks.

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

If you look in the debug folder of your project is there a *.img file. If so then the project has compiled okay. The next step if compiled would be to dowload the *.img file into the hardware using Cypress Control Centre.

Sodafarl

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Okay, Didn't  fully understand your question until I looked at the bitmap. The only time I have used eclipse to run the compiled code is when running a debug configuration using the JTAG debugger.  Most other times I have downloaded the firmware using Cypress Control Centre.  Are you using a JTAG debugger, if not I don't know any other way of running the firmware from Eclipse.

Sodafarl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

Ok, thanks.

I will try your helpful suggestion.

the download xxx.img is success and can using the Cypress Control Centre to testing  the Bulk Source Sink function.

I want to modify the sample code(based on existing projects).

So, I need to compile the new code.

the problem(Launching failed) occurs in eclipse.

thanks. eino

0 Likes
lock attach
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

If you want to recompile an Eclipse project whose code has been modified, highlight the project in Navigator then on the Project toolbar select Build Project and this will recompile the modified source files. See attached screen shot.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have compiled the project in Eclipse, and find xxx.img file in Debug folder. Then I tried to download  this file into hardware using Cypress Control Center, but it displayed Programming Failed and do nothing.

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

When you are programming the FX3 do you select RAM in the Program options. I've attached an img file that I know programs okay. Try this and if the programming still fails then check that you are using the latest version of Control Centre and the SDK etc.

0 Likes
lock attach
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Didn't allow  the img attachment here's a zip

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can download firmware into hardware when connected with USB2.0 cable. When connected USB3.0 cable it find the device, but displayed programming failed.

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

What USB3 card have you got. I think when you program the device it is programmed over USB 2, this is even if you have it connected to the PC with a USB 3 connection. This is what I see. Then the newly programmed device reenumerates as a USB 3 device. It might be the USB 3 connection is not working correctly and this is why it comes back as failed. If you can, try another USB 3 cable and card.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schematic of my device is the replica of schematic Demokit (fx3-dvk-board_03-03-2011.pdf). But firmware don't want download with USB3.0.

In attachment there is fragment of my schematic

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Can you remove R17 if fitted, the OTG_ID resistor.  Also how are the PMODE pins set?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've removed R17, but it haven't any effect.

PMODE[2:0]      F1F  

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

PMODE is the same on my board F1F. Youi could try chaning PMODE to F11, boot over USB only. Do you have a USB 3 demokit. Just to check did you try another USB3 lead (shorter) and card etc. it would be helpfule to give a list of the things you have tried so we don't go over the same thing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sodafarl

I havn't USB3 demokit. It was on order, but havn't arrived yet. What usb3 card do you use?

I look USB3 LVDS pair with oscillograph. When there is a bootloader in cypres on RX pair there is zero, on TX pair there is requests with interval 13ms and range +/-300mV. When I download autoloopback example in cypress, there wasn't any activity on TX and RX pairs.

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

I have developed my own USB3 board and I have the demokit  as backup. When you first connect your card with no firmware to a PC using a USB 3 lead the card is really using USB 2 to make the conection. It is only when firmware is downloaded that the card switches to USB 3 if it can. Are you 100% sure your that your USB 3 Controller card in the computer is working. If your USB 3 development board follows the Cypress development board then the problem could be bad high speed PCB layout, bad connections on the FX3 pins or a USB 3 lead or controller card problem.

What crystal or oscillaltor are you using and what settings do you use for the FSLC pins.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sodafarl

I bought new USB3 PCI-E card Mobiledata HDH-P005, and new USB3 cable.

When I tryed to download firmware USB Control Center as before displayed "Programming Failed", but  the programm has downloaded.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using oscilator SiT8003AC-22-18E-19.200000T

FSLC[2..0] - 100

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

I think I've run out of ideas. Are you saying that the FX3 has programed ok but Control Center is indicating it failed. Are you able to run  the downloaded firmware. The firmware downloader checks every download section by reading it back and also calculates a checksum which it then compares with the downloaded files checksum - maybe at this point it is failing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sodafarl

I've receive development kit. It works exactly as my device. There isn't any activity on USB3 pairs. It work with USB2 pair.

I have two USB3 controller in my PC. Integrated in motherboard Etron USB 3.0 Host controller. I can't programm cypress through it. Also I bought pcie card Renesas Electronics USB3.0 Host controller. Programm  downlaoded through it, but CyCC displayed "Programming Faild" and USB3.0 don't work

What USB3 controller do you use?

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi GL_basik,

I use a Renesas PCI Express USB 3 controller. Are you using the latest version of Cypress Control Center. Have you tried programming the FX3 from a different PC.  The development kit should programme with no problems.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sodafarl

There is OS Win7 on my PC. I try to programm demokit and my device on another PC with WinXP. They programmed without any error. But there still isn't any activity on USB3 pairs. Is this normal?

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

I have not looked at the USB 3 TX and RX connections with an oscilloscope but the firmware programming  on Control Center takes place using USB 2 so you will not see any activity on USB when you programme the firmware.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem.

My CYUSB3KIT-001 arrived today. I am using the version 1.1 DVK (04-05-2012) from the Cypress web site.

I have an ETRON USB3.0 controller (PCIe 1x slot) and a NEC 720200 (motherboard) controller in my PC.

In either case the USB Control Center is showing the Cypress USB BootLoader device OK.

I have imported all the projects. All build OK.

But when I try to download via Program/FX3/RAM and select the IMG file I just get "Programming Failed".

If I use the ETRON connection. Then this message reports failure right away.

If I use the NEC connection something more happens but then it still says "Programming Failed". However Windows looks like it has found a new device called "FX3".

I also have a TI controller and a NEC 720201. Perhaps I shuold try those?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m seeing similar cases.With my FX SDK, I saw the same massage as “program failed” in below left of control center window . But image was copy to RAM. I checked it with bulk.exe. It goes well.  Now I see lauching error in elf. But I cannot solve it

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems that if I use the ETRON USB3 controller then nothing works.

If I use the NEC controller I can download to RAM although USB Control Center still says "Programming Failed".

At this point, if I check in device manager I have a new device called FX3 with VID=04B4, PID=00F0

But if I try to install the drivers for this device, even though I manually browse to the driver/bin/win7/x64 directory to update the driver the driver still fails to install.

Windows reports a dialog that says "Windows was unable to install your FX3." and "Windows could not find driver software for your device."

I am trying with tbe USBBulkLoopAutoEnum example. Why won't the driver install?

According to the guide AN75705 this is the correct VID+PID for the BULK device and it should work with that same driver.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course, I just needed to add device 04B4, 00F0 to the driver .inf file

They are not in there by default. Once I did that the driver instaleld OK.

======

OK, so I have confirmed that with the NEC 720200 host controller it does at least program OK even though it reports "Programming Failed".

With the ETRON EJ168 controller (PCIe card) it definitely doesn't program via bootloader at all.

If I program it via the NEC controller and ignore the failure message and then unplug it from there and plug it into the ETRON controller then the driver installs OK and I can run the Bulk Loop Demo app OK.

So with the ETRON controller it's just the bootloader that doesn't work. The Bulk Loop example itself can work if it is pre-booted.

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Does the .inf file in the driver directory have the same VID/PID as your downloaded firmware.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, all.

I intall WinXP for programming SDK and for Cypress Control Center  works properly. In Win7 there is unavoidable problem with prgramming SDK through CC (reports "Programming Failed").

In addition it necessary to sign driver, otherwise Win7 doesn't install it.

0 Likes