compiler for CY7C68013A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I need to work on CY7C68013A usb high speed micro controller. I am designing my own hardware for small test applications initially, hence I dont have the evaluation kit pack in my hands. 

What is the compiler and development IDE I should use for the developing my applications on CY7C68013A controller .

I triied using Keil uvision compiler and IDE, but it throws the error    

*** ERROR L107: ADDRESS SPACE OVERFLOW

SPACE:   CODE    

SEGMENT: ?PR?ISR_SOF?BULKLOOP

LENGTH:  0016H when I tried to compile the "Bulkloop" example project from cypress. 

Is it because of the code size limitation on Keil evaluation version. ?   

Can you suggest any better compiler and IDE (if possible, eclipse based), where things are more comfortable to navigate through the variable and function definitions. ?    

Is there any free version of compiler available for CY7C68013A controller, which doesn't have any code size or any other limitations ?   

Thank You   
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you able to build any of the example projects. Try building Dev_io example.

I heard that some customers use Eclipse with SDCC plugin.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am able to build dev_io, hid_kb, extr_intr, LEDcycle,memtest. 

The other projects like EP_interrupts, ibn, pingnak and usb related examples are failing with the L107 ADDRESS SPACE OVERFLOW linker error. 

Is is because of code size limitation or any other settings for the project. 

Thank You

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Right. You are seeing that error because of evalution version only.

See the following link:

http://www.keil.com/demo/limits.asp

look for the point:

The 8051 compiler, assembler, linker, and debugger are limited to 2 Kbytes of object code. So the examples that you are able to compile are of less size.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Is there any compiler which cypress provides for compiling FX2 usb controllers. I am anyways trying on eclipse with SDCC. 

Can you provide me one more option other than SDCC with eclipse, just in case if the eclipse with SDCC fails. 

Thank You

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can download KEIL IDE from http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14321.

Thanks

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please note that the "supplied Keil tools are fully functional, but are limited in object size to 4 kilobytes."

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes