Need help with FX3DVKSetup.exe problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've downloaded FX3DVKSetup.exe and am having trouble installing it.  I've tried both as a regular user, and as Administrator, and every time it crashes when "Installing" FX3DKSetup.exe.

I'm running XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3 in a VirtualBox VM.  I suspect running in a VM may be the problem, but I'd like someone to confirm.

I found the linux version, which I might actually prefer, except it simply contains 4 tarballs, and no installation instructions.

I also found FX3SDKv1_1_1.exe, which appeared to complete installation, but the only thing it seems to install is "Cypress Update Manager" which shows only an option to configure or uninstall "EZ-USB FX3 SDK 1.1.1".  Configure gives the following errors: "unable to get updates from update server. Please check for network connections / Contact Cypress Support" and "The installer is unable to download installation information.  Please check your proxy and internet connection and try again.  Details  Error The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. while downloading file 44_install_catalog_v3.xml from url link http://updates.cypress.com/updates/fx3sdk/1.0/rr_install_catalog_v3.xml"

(I know it's not my VM network settings, because I can browse Google, and that's a 404 error)

Someone please tell me how to install this thing?  I'm mostly interested in using the CYUSB3KIT-001 and the project in AN75779

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you able to install any other .exe file?.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes