Capsense Sensor Auto Reset time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

In CapSense CSD (PSoC3), Sensor Auto Reset is very useful, but too fast for my applications. Is there any way to change the time in which sensor baseline arrive to data value (from 5-10sec to 30 -60 sec)? In PSoC1 it was simple to tune this parameter.

Thanks

Nicola

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there,

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.  It seems you know how to make it in PSOC1.

Can you kindly tell me how to change the time in which sensor baseline arrive to data value (from 5-10sec to 30 -60 sec)?

Is it changing the baselineupdate threshold parameter?

Thanks a lot

BRs,

James

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

nibcola,

There is no direct parameter to control the time after which baseline catches up with raw counts. But, I think you can tweak the component code a little bit to easily achive what you are looking for. I am refering to the code from Capsense CSD v2.30. Check the API CapSense_UpdateSensorBaseline() in CapSense_CSHL.c file. The code in 'else' part beginnig line 484 implements the logic of sensor auto reset. All it does is that it increments baseline step by step so that it eventually catches up with the raw counts. To increase the time as you said, you could implement a counter for each sensor similar to CapSense_LowBaselineResetCnt used in lines 474-482.

Until the counter is counting, do not update baseline so that it stays flat for some time. Once counter reaches certain value, you can implement the baseline update exactly as per lines 494-507. By adjusting the limiting value of counter, you can easily adjust the time just the way you want.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks QuickSilver, that problem changed priority so I will look forward it another time. I will save your suggestion for the CSD library edit, I will be essential!

Thanks

Nicola

0 Likes