FlashTemp User Module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone used FlashTemp User Module in their application? Can you provide me with the project?

Thanks

Shenaz

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Code snippet is provided in the "Flash temp" user module datasheet. You can refer that.

-Rajiv Badiger

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I'd like to encourage everybody to have a look at/into the datasheets wihich are imho very detailled and rather helpful. Yes, it takes some time to go through them but they are worth it!

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Here is one ap note using it -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2849

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

I did look at the datasheet and the code that Rajiv mentioned. However, I do believe that if anyone has ever used this User Module they would have implemented some calibrayion routine as the accuracy is very poor without that. If anyone has any project with some kind of calibration routine implemented, it would be very helpful for me if they can share the code.

Thanks

Shenaz

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dana,

This application note does mention that FlashTemp User Module can be used to implement temperature sensing but the project does not include it. This Application Note primarily talks about the Flash architecture in PSoC 1.

I am looking for a working project using FlashTemp along with calibration routine implemented. If anyone has implemented something similar in the past, it would be helpful if they could share the project else I will anyway create one myself.

Thanks

Shenaz

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The flashtemp was originally developed to measure the temperature of the dye when (before) flash gets programmed to adjust the timings. Due to that fact it will not measure the ambient temp which will differ from the dye's temp. The latter is related to the actual power dissipation which will change by the task that is actually run. Of course you may calibrate a linear curve Y=ax + b but this depends on measuring the actual chip temperature which is more difficult than calibrating an off-board sensor.

When you want to measure temp more exact I would suggest to read some of the application notes concerning Temp measurement for instance here http://www.cypress.com/?rID=63909

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

It might be possible to cal depending on the architecture of the sensor. If it

is BG related (0 K = 0 V) then you would only need one cal point. It measures die

temp, hence you would need to know application Pdiss and using thermal R of

package back into reading.

Another method would eliminate package and Pdiss if setup properly, see

picture. Basically at production test you implement a cal routine talking to

hi precision external instruments to accumulate a table of corrections. Seems

difficult, but done all the time for many products by test engineering departments.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes