Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have noticed some issues with booting the FX3 at low temperatures.  We have the CYUSB3014-BZXI on a product which uses an I2C bootloader that is loading correctly from a 24FC256-I/SN.  Note thtat all other parts on the board are also rated for the full industrial temperature range.  This bootloader looks to the attached SPI Flash (Micron N25Q128A11B1240E) for a larger boot image.

At room temperatures, this process has worked fine.  The SPI image is loaded and boots the FX3.  The device correctly enumerates.

At low temperatures (approaching 0C), the bootloader fails to retrieve the image from SPI.  Upon failure, it is designed to enumerate as its own device and can accept very limited instructions.

These have been field failures so far and not evaluated in the lab just yet.  We don't have too much information yet but wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jake,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I am interested to know if any other experienced a problem similar to this.

Please create a tech support case once you have collected all the information related this problem. We will do FA on it to understand what is going wrong, if that problem exists.

Regards,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

With four devices, this problem has now been confirmed on all four at -26C (-15F).

0 Likes