creating own Filter component - implement with software APIs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am having cy8ckit-001 board with PSoC3. I am trying to create my own Filter component using APIs (API implementation). The flow is like:

8bit digital data from ADC --> DMA1 --> myOwnFilter --> ISR --> write Filter data to VDAC on interrupt triggering.

To create myOwnFilter:

* selected "add component" in components tab of creator s/w and selected "Empty symbol"

* in .cysym, drew a rectangle and attached a digital output pin for connecting to ISR. Here I want to make sure that after input gets processed from filter, interrupt should get raised from myFilter. 

how to put/create Data enable signal.. (dma request/ Interrupt request/ Polled).

* created myFilter.h and myFilter.c under myFilter component .

, I am trying with an digital output pin to trigger interrupt, but during build/compilation I am getting error. For 8-bit input, I am not sure what to use.

Moreover, myOwnFilter should get listed during DMA configuration (Tools->DMA wizard) in both source end and destination end. but its not appearing.

standard Filter component has "Enable channel" option. Upon enabling it, Filter appears in Dma config wizard.

also, 

Please help me out.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

For adding DMA capability to a component, import the Filter component and open the .cydmacap file. It is a XML file. You can find the explanation for the parameters used in that XML file in it.

For solving the pin trigger issue, can you attach your bundle?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PsoC rocks,

I didn't get the way how to do this??

For adding DMA capability to a component, import the Filter component and open the .cydmacap file. It is a XML file. You can find the explanation for the parameters used in that XML file in it.

Regarding pin bundle issue, I am attaching my code.

* I have not created even blank schematic so that we can right click on .cysch and give "generate symbol" . 

* I have simply created "empty symbol" , then drew a shape for which I have connected a digital pin for ISR.

* In my firmware, myFilter.c, I am passing ADC_Result as input and trying to return back to main function, after which ISR is raised and data is passed to VDAC ISR.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PSoCRocks

I understand that the cydmacap file will be located in the path :

C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\2.1\PSoC Creator\psoc\content\CyComponentLibrary\CyComponentLibrary.cylib\.(Should include my component)

Can I include my component in the *.cylib

If so, kindly let me know how it can be acheived.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep

0 Likes