.NET example cannot find EndPoint

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Our hardware has a Cypress AN2131QC EZ USB chip and I recently installed the cyusb driver so that we can get our driver to run on 64bit Win7 machines. I obtained the driver from the Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7 and while trying to run the BulkLoop .NET example an exception is thrown in the EbtPair1Btn_Click routine. Upon debugging I found that outEndPoint and inEndPoint are both null. How do I fix this? Note: Loop device is not null   
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We may have to take a look at the application and understand further to answer this. Before that I would like to understand a few things: how are you downloading the firmware to the device? Does it boot properly and come up with the expected VID/PID in devcie manager? Alos check for the device handle in your application. Did you get the devcie handle properly? See if that is not null. If so, what are the endpoints configured in the firmware, and in application?

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Gayathri, - The chip is displayed in the Device Manager with the correct VID and PID. - The device handle is not null. - I am downloading firmware using Cypress Console application that is provided. The firmware that I am loading is the sample bulk transfer hex file that is provided with the suite. The file downloads successfully. Any attempt to do a bulk transfer fails with error code:997. I am wondering if this is because I am using sample firmware provided in the USB suite rather than developing firmware specific to our hardware? If yes, how can I do this? Regards, Yash   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

AN2131 seems to be a full speed device. I am not too sure if using the bulk loop example provided along with Suite would be a good idea.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

AN2131 as mentioned by NIKL is a full speed device. Thus the bulkloop example that comes with FX2LP DVK (CY3684) or with Cypress SuiteUSB. You will have to use the firmware that comes with EZ USB kit for AN2131. However, you cannot use CyConsole directly (i.e. Download button) to download the firmware, since the CPUCS register and other such registerr are different for FX2LP and FX. You may have to develop your own utility that talks to CyUSB.sys or use script method for downloadng firmware to FX. 

One thing to be noted in this regard is that the firmware download to FX must be done in chunks of 64 bytes. we have seen issues when done in chunks gretaer than 64 bytes. Let us know which way you are doing or would like to do.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes