2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2013 8:59 PM by bongju.lee

How to check the total amount of data being sent out per frame?

bongju.lee

Hi,

I modified AN75779_001-75779_0B source code to interface FX3 with ZA10S20(1280x720/30fps/YUV422) of Zeeann Co.,Ltd.

I have a black screen, so I checked troubleshooting list in the AN75779.

I have checked the increasing frame counter using UART, It is ok.

I want to check next item, how to check the total amount of data being sent out per frame?

Many thanks.

MayFLY.

• 1. Re: How to check the total amount of data being sent out per frame?
          raghavan.n.s

Hi MayFLY

In the if ((hitFV) && (prodCount == consCount)) block of UVC app thread entry you can print the producer count to see how many buffers were sent per frame , and also where the header for the last buffer is added you can print the produced_buffer.count to find the number of bytes in the last buffer.

But are you sure you dont get any commit buffer failures ??

Rags

• 2. Re: How to check the total amount of data being sent out per frame?
            bongju.lee

Hi Rags,

Thanks for your reply.

I bought a PCI to USB3.0 host interface card, because my desktop PC does not have USB3.0.

I modified AN75779 souce code and build then dowload img to target board.

When I run virtualDub to check image, frame rate was 15.00fps and output size was 640x480.

At this time, I can see the buffer failures message through UART.

So, I modify source code for sensor to set VGA/15fps.

And try again, there was one or two buffer failures message before starting frame counting

and frame count value was increasing.

By the way, my board has a problem. Almost UART port is not work, sometimes is work.

so I just sent a email to customercare@cypress.com for asking after serive.

Many thanks.

BJ Lee.