3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2013 6:10 AM by ki.leung

Use of P1 for both debugging/programming and GPIO

user_185194099

In our current research project I need to use the debug pins on P1 temporarily for another purpose under

program control.

So I want to be able to disconnect the pins from the JTAG/SWD and connect them to some other circuitry under software control.

However, PSoC creator does not let me do it unless I have switched to "GPIO" in the debug section (Programming\Debugging->Debug Select)  in the system tab.

I have searched through the TRM and only found the hint in Section 39.5 of the PSoC 3 TRM:

"Two NV latch bits determine the state of the JTAG/SWD interface pins at reset" 

But it does not say whether this can be changed later.

I want the pins active as debug on startup, but I want to wire them to internal circuitry.

Since the acquisition of the test controller is such a protected activity I am sure that my external circuits will not

interfere with the debugging function until my application software runs and can control the enable/disable of the debugging functionality.

I am not sure whether this is problem of PSoC Creator or the architecture that's why I ask here.

Andreas