CY7C68013A - Restore firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I downloaded a .iic file by mistake on the FX2LP EEPROM (the file was taken from the SuiteUSB examples). Now I would like to restore the factory firmware, or to restore the situation in which the USB was recognized as "EEPROM Missing" when connected to the PC. How can I do?

Thank you in advance,

Alessandro

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Is there a switch to disable the EEPROM on your borad?

If not remove a series resistor available on SCL/SDA line of EEPROM.

If there is no EEPROM connected to FX2LP it will come up with VID/PID 0x04B4/0x8613.

0x0081 PID is probably stored in EEPROM so your board is coming up with that PID.

Thanks

Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just add some details about the issue I posted before:

- I downloaded an old version of the Fx2_C0.iic file, originally intended for the Development Board Kit (which I do not have)

- I used this file to restore - at least - a condition similar to "no EEPROM"

- Now everything works fine, but the device has PID 0081 ("Development board" string in the .inf file of the driver) when connected to the board, while it had 8613 ("Missing EEPROM" string in the .inf file of the driver).

Is there a way to get the original Fx2_C0.iic which leads to PID 8613? It is not strictly necessary for the FX2LP to work, but I would like the version of the file to be the "original" one, the one my board (Avnet with Virtex5) came with.

Thank you very much again!

Alessandro

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Is there a switch to disable the EEPROM on your borad?

If not remove a series resistor available on SCL/SDA line of EEPROM.

If there is no EEPROM connected to FX2LP it will come up with VID/PID 0x04B4/0x8613.

0x0081 PID is probably stored in EEPROM so your board is coming up with that PID.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I don't have access to the EEPROM. Maybe I will keep the firmware I now have, because it's not causing any problem, but I will also look for the resistor solution you suggested. Thank you for your help!

Regards

Alessandro

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

FX2LP18 Device Family, C8Q - 3R Technology, Fab4    May I ask What does that mean?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Sorry that I did not understand your question. If you are interested in FX2L18 part, it is a variant of FX2LP in which the core operates at 1.8 V. the diffrenecs between FX2LP and FX2LP18 can be found at http://www.cypress.com/?docID=30608. Regards, gayathri   
0 Likes