11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2013 1:09 AM by rama.sai.krishna.vakkantula

how to DR_DATA from register

sisi.liangjiao
              now I use DR_DATA of the GPIF from register,GPIF data bus is 16bites. I want to get the register 32bit data to the GPIF data bus for twice. my program as follow *buffer1=0xFF0000FF; apiRetStatus=CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords (1,0,1,buffer,10); in the GPIF ,the two DR_DATA is the same. the result is that it put out FF00 once,but 00FF data can not be getted ? 1 I want to know if it has something wrong with the program . 2 another question is that i want to add the socket number of the DR_DATA , Originally it hao 4 socket to 4 thread in the socket ,i want to know if i can has more socket such as 5 or more ? I want to know if it can realize?   
        • 1. Re: how to DR_DATA from register
          rama.sai.krishna.vakkantula
                  Hi, You might not have selected the "Update new value from data source" in the DR_DATA action settings. Please use the DR_DATA action settings as shown in the attached figure. I have selected "Thread 1" since you are using Socket 1 in the "CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords" API. Thread, socket mapping is as follows: Thread 0 - socket 0 - socket 4, Thread 1 - socket 1 - socket 5, Thread 2 - socket 2 - socket 6, Thread 3 - socket 3 - socket 7, (Socket number) modulo 4 is the thread number mapped to it. Please let me know if you still have some doubts in using DR_DATA. Thanks, sai krishna.   
          • 2. Re: how to DR_DATA from register
            sisi.liangjiao
                    NO ,my configure of DR_DATA is the same as your picture   
            • 3. Re: how to DR_DATA from register
              sisi.liangjiao
                      I want to ask when use DR_DATA one time how many data will the read from regist? now the data I write to the rigister is 32bits, but I want to get the data for twice , 16bits once. So I must use DA_DATA for two times ? if it can realize?   
              • 4. Re: how to DR_DATA from register
                sisi.liangjiao
                        you say Thread 0 - socket 0 - socket 4, Thread 1 - socket 1 - socket 5, Thread 2 - socket 2 - socket 6, Thread 3 - socket 3 - socket 7 if it is needed to be configured ? i want to get data from socket which i want to get from,so it must be under my control,if it can be realized?   
                • 5. Re: how to DR_DATA from register
                          Hi, Yes. You need to do DR_DATA twice. Please use the attached project for your reference. Please go through the code present in SlFifoAppThread_Entry(). Thanks, sai krishna.   
                  • 6. Re: how to DR_DATA from register
                    sisi.liangjiao

I move the code to SlFifoAppThread_Entry() 

my GPIF project follows

void
                    SlFifoAppThread_Entry (
                            uint32_t input)
                    {
                     CyU3PReturnStatus_t apiRetStatus = CY_U3P_SUCCESS;
                     uint32_t *buffer1=0;
                     *buffer1=0x0000FF00;
                        /* Initialize the debug module */
                        CyFxUhpiDebugInit();
                        //CyU3PDebugPrint (4, "CyFxUhpiDebugInit success,code = %d\n",1 );
                        /* Initialize the GPIF */
                        CyFxGpioInit();
                        //CyU3PDebugPrint (4, "CyFxGpioInit success,code = %d\n",2 );
                        //uint16_t ENdian;
                        //CY_U3P_GPIF_BYTE_ENDIAN=0x0001;

/* Initialize the GPIF */
                        CyFxUhpiGpifInit();

/* Initialize the slave FIFO application */
                        CyFxSlUhpiApplnInit();

//CyU3PDebugPrint (4, "CyFxSlUhpiApplnInit success,code = %d\n",3 );

apiRetStatus=CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords (0,0,1,buffer1,10);
                        CyU3PDebugPrint (4, " CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords, Error code = %d\n", apiRetStatus);
                        CyU3PGpifControlSWInput(CyTrue);
                        CyU3PThreadSleep (100);

in this way ,my Oscilloscope read the data bus nothing ,the date  writes successfully ,so i want to know if  the configure of theCyU3PGpifWriteDataWords is right ,  I have test the bits get for one time,16bits one time ,so if you have a example that can do success ?

• 7. Re: how to DR_DATA from register
                      sisi.liangjiao

I'm sorry . there is data in data bus when move the code to SlFifoAppThread_Entry(). today I use 32bit data bus it put out right , but when i sent two 32bit data ,but it can not refresh the data 

uint32_t *buffer1=0;
                       uint32_t *buffer2=0;
                       *buffer1=0x00FFFF00;
                       *buffer2=0xFF0000FF;

apiRetStatus=CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords (0,0,1,buffer1,10);
                          CyU3PDebugPrint (4, " CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords, Error code = %d\n", apiRetStatus);

apiRetStatus=CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords (0,0,1,buffer2,10);

I can get the first data ,but the second data lost. so can I Initialize the register?

• 8. Re: how to DR_DATA from register
                                Hi, Attachment was not uploaded. Sorry for that. Attaching again...   
                        • 10. Re: how to DR_DATA from register
                          sisi.liangjiao

uint32_t  tmp_data[4] ={0x55, 0x22, 0x11, 0x44};I'm not very clear about this, the data type is not  the same to  the data, it whether indicate that the register can transfer 16 bits for one time ?

• 11. Re: how to DR_DATA from register

Hi,

Did the attached project help you?.

Please let me know if you have any more questions regarding this.

Thanks,

sai krishna.